I like watching Arsenal. Sometimes they don’t like me back, so I also like drinking! These are two tastes that taste great together.
Have a drinking game! I also wrote one last season.
Please don’t sue me for any damage this might cause if you follow all of the rules simultaneously.
Take ONE drink if…
- “One Man Team” is mentioned.
- You yell/want to yell “shoot!” at the team. (This is more last season than this season, but it still applies sometimes.)
- You find yourself going “come on, Gervinho, Gervinho— awww, Gervinho…” a la Szczesny playing FIFA.
- Cesc Fabregas is mentioned.
- Take another drink if Barcelona’s dreamy football is discussed.
- Unlucky Theo. (OR, alternately, every time you yell/want to yell “GOOD DECISIONS!” at Theo.)
- The commentators are obviously biased against Arsenal. (an extra long drink if it’s Stuart Robson)
- An Arsenal player looks injured.
- Another drink if they have to be subbed off.
- Maybe finish your drink if it’s one of our defenders.
- Arsenal score a goal!
- Take another drink if it’s somebody who isn’t Robin!
- Alex Song takes off his glasses and suit to become SONGINHO.
- Arsenal don’t score from a corner.
- Order a shot if they do score directly from a corner?
- Someone is wrongly ruled offsides/onsides.
- Take another drink if it leads to a goal scored or conceded.
- Ditto for uncalled handballs.
- Oh, hell, if you want to get really pissed, drink every time there is a bad refereeing.
Finish your drink if…
- There’s even a hint of an injury to Robin van Persie.
- Almunia is in goal. Then order a second round and down that as well if Squillaci is in front of him.
- Arsenal win!
- Arsenal lose. (Well, you’re going to need a drink either way, so why not?)
- Before every match, take a shot for every starting XI squad member we have out injured. Wilshere counts.
- Take a shot, however, if all of our back four is actually playing in position!